Connect with us!
The New York State Action Coalition (NYSAC) is composed of a diverse array of stakeholders that are charged with leveraging nurses to transform health care in New York State by implementing the recommendations of the Institute of Medicine (IOM) report, “The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health.”
- Remove scope-of-practice barriers so that advanced practice nurses can practice to the full extent of their education and training.
- Increase the proportion of nurses with a baccalaureate degree to 80 percent by 2020.
- Increase the diversity of students to create a workforce prepared to meet the demands of diverse populations across the lifespan.
- Prepare and enable nurses to lead change to advance health by assuming leadership positions across all levels of public, private and governmental programs.
We Realize these goals by:
- Demonstrating broad, nonpartisan support for action on the report recommendations
- Encouraging high-level leaders from diverse fields to get involved
- Generating significant media attention to the issue nationally and in key communities across the country
- Ensuring involvement on the national, state and local levels
Susan Hassmiller describes the Future of Nursing: Campaign for Action
The mission of the NYSAC is to facilitate and provide leadership for the implementation of the eight recommendations set forth in the IOM report within New York State.
The vision of the NYSAC is that all New Yorkers will have improved experiences of health care, higher levels of health and lower health care costs.
All people deserve better healthcare. As the largest group of health care providers, nurses are key to achieving these goals.