In 2008, the Foundation Board of Trustees expanded the Distinguished Nurse Researcher Award by conferring an award biennially on a New York nurse who demonstrates excellence in developing an emerging program of research. In 2010, the Novice Nurse Researcher program was updated with new criteria and a new name: Rising Nurse Researcher.
Rising Nurse Researcher Eligibility: the nominee must be a licensed registered nurse, doctorally prepared, who has obtained at least one degree, either a baccalaureate degree or higher, in nursing and –
- has data based publications in peer reviewed journals/publications which demonstrate an emerging research program;
- has been the Principal Investigator on at least one study;
- has principal investigator, has received intramural and/or extramural funding in an emerging program of research; and
- disseminates the findings of her/his research to the scientific and clinical communities;
Criteria for the award include:
- Evidence of an emerging program of research;
- Demonstrated interest in health care research;
- Demonstrates quality of research which is
- Relevant to the science and art of nursing and health care; and
- Dissemination of research to the scientific and clinical communities.
Nomination packets can be found on this website. The call for nominations is made at the beginning of the year. Applications are due in April and the Scholarship, Awards and Appointments Subcommittee of the Center for Nursing Research makes a recommendation to the Board of Trustees in June.
List of Rising Nurse Researcher Awardees
2013 Marilyn J. Hammer, PhD, DC, RN
2011 Lorie Smith Goshin, PhD, MSN, RN
List of Novice Nurse Researcher Awardees
2009 Mary Rosedale, PhD, PMHNP-BC, NEA-BC
2008 Christina Koulouglioti, PhD, RN