Introduction to the Oral History Program
Bellevue Alumnae Center for Nursing History Oral History Program The Foundation of NYS Nurses Bellevue Alumnae Center for Nursing History maintains an oral history program. This program exists to capture the life stories of nurses whose careers contribute to the rich history of nursing in New York State. Please review the list of oral history interviews available at the Veronica M. Driscoll Center for Nursing. Many of the interviews have been transcribed and transcripts are available to interested researchers. Please contact the Foundation's archivist to gain access to these tapes or transcripts.
- Available Oral Histories
- 1993 World Trade Center Nurses Oral Histories
- Military Nurses
- Missionary Nurses Oral Histories
- New York State Nurses Association FPU of Retired Nurses Oral History Project
- Professionalization of Nursing
- Advancement of Nursing Education
If you know of any nurses who may be potential candidates for an oral history interview, or would like to volunteer as part of our oral history program, please contact us.